Dean Creek Resort
Welcome to Dean Creek Resort
The award-winning Dean Creek Resort is nestled on the banks of the Eel River in Giant Redwood country, only three miles from the world-famous “Avenue of the Giants” in Humboldt State Forest. Open year-round, our resort offers all the amenities of home in a natural setting. Our modern RV sites feature full hookups, picnic tables, barbecues and fire rings. Deluxe accommodations are also available at our motel. Nature in its finest and purest form abounds in the area: frequent wildlife sightings, majestic old-growth redwoods, and superb fishing and rock-hunting sites on the Eel River, all make it a place of singular beauty and adventure. We are geared toward family togetherness.
Established in 1937, Dean Creek Resort is family-owned and operated. Our award-winning park is situated on the South Fork of the Eel River in the Giant Redwood country. Nature in its finest and purest form abounds in this area. River otters, bear, deer, wild turkeys, wild boar, and mountain cats and many species of birds have been sighted at or near the resort.
Our resort features 64 RV and camping sites.
- All are grassy and have leveled parking areas, picnic tables, barbecue grills and fire rings.
- 23 sites have water, electric, TV/Cable and sewer hookups.
- 40 sites have water, electric, and TV/Cable hookups.
- One site has water only.
- Our pull-through sites can handle RVs up to 80 feet long.
- Tent campers are also welcome, in designated areas.
- Salmon and steelhead fishing in the Eel River
- Day trips in drift boats
- Hiking in the “Avenue of the Giants” – home of the world’s tallest living trees
- Rock hounding in the Eel River
- Picnicking and exploring the “lost coast”
- Exploring the Victorian village of Ferndale
- Watching migrating whales
- Walking on black sand beaches
- Golfing at a nearby golf courses
- Bear River Casino
- Briceland Vineyards
- Briceland Vineyards Winery • 5959 Briceland Rd., Redway • (707) 923-2429
- Cabot Vineyards • 209 Ferris Ranch Rd., Orleans • (530) 469-3397
- Carter Cellars • 301 L St., Eureka • (707) 445-0311
- Elk Prairie Vineyard • 11544 Dyerville Loop Rd., Myers Flat • (707) 943-34980
- Fieldbrook Winery • 4241 Fieldbrook Rd., Fieldbrook • (707) 839-4140
- Frog Alley Cellars • 1436 Abrosini Ln., Ferndale • (707) 786-4353
- Levenpence Cellars • 751 Porcupine Ln., Carlotta • (707) 839-2709
- Libation Wine Shop & Wine Bar • 761 8th St., # 1 Arcata • (707) 825-7596
- Lost Coast Vineyards • 795 Conklin Creek Rd., Petrolia • (707) 629-3671
- Monument Mountain Vineyards • 2330 Monument Rd., Rio Dell • (707) 764-3752
- Moonstone Crossing Winery • 529 Trinity St., Trinidad • (707) 677-3832
- Old Growth Cellars • 500 Quail Valley Rd., Eureka • (707) 444-2333
- Persimmons Garden Gallery • 1055 Redwood Dr., Redway • (707) 923-2748
- Riverbend Cellars • 12990 Ave. of the Giants, Myers Flat • (707) 943-9907
- Robert Goodman Wines • 937 I St., Arcata • (707) 826-9463
- Rocky’s Ridge Vineyard • 22522 Hwy 299, Blue Lake • (707) 601-0899
- Rosina Vineyard • 751 Sorenson Rd., Redcrest • (707) 498-1306
- Sentinel Winery • 2263 Patterson Ln., Willow Creek • (530) 629-2338
- Whitethorn Winery • 545 Shelter Cove Rd, Whitethorn • (707) 986-1642
- The Wine Spot • 234 F St., Old Town Eureka • (707) 476-6236
- Winnett Vineyards • 655 Peach Tree Lane, Willow Creek • (707) 629-3478
We are open year-round. Our deluxe motel accommodations make us a popular spot for family and group gatherings. A convenience store and coin laundry are located at the registration area. Our guests can relax by our pool and spa, take a sauna, or participate in a friendly game of shuffleboard, horseshoes, mini golf or volleyball. A lounge for card-playing or watching TV is conveniently located in the park. Cooking facilities for large gatherings are also available. Our amphitheater, under a 1500-year-old giant redwood tree, is ideal for group entertainment. We have a playground, tether ball, and basketball, as well as a game arcade for the young (and young at heart).
- 4112 Redwood Drive, Redway, CA 95560
- (707) 923-2555
- (877) 923-2555 (Reservations Only)
- (707) 923-2547
August Schedule for Our Patrons
We will be having our Annual Horseshoe Tournament it will be on Sunday September 2nd starting promptly at 10 a.m. at the horseshoe pits, it will end when it ends. There will be an adult category and Jr category. The sign up sheet will be in the office, everyone needs to be signed up no later than Saturday by 5 p.m. . If you do not have a partner we will pair you up with another individual. Please make sure to put what room number or space number you are at on the sign up sheet. We have lots of camping sites left and a handful of motel rooms so book now before its too late. Or give us a call at 707-923-2555. We look forward to playing against you.
Also the Irie Rockers will be playing Saturday night (Sept. 1st) on the stage from 6pm to 10pm. The band is for the enjoyment of anyone that is staying at Dean Creek Resort if you are not staying in a room or in a site you can pay $10 per head to come and be guests of the park and enjoy the band. But why not stay Saturday night and then join in on the Horseshoe Tournament Sunday morning?